This cup dated from 1912 and was raced at the Club Regatta for pairs. The last recorded winners were in 1968, when it was taken to a shop in Bicester for engraving, and never collected, despite phone calls and letters. The shop owner, Lawrence Nash, has now sold his business, and was kind enough not to leave the Cup to an unknown fate.
It has the VRC logo on it, and he was recommended to contact the River & Rowing Museum, who identified Vesta Rowing Club. An email followed, the Cup was collected, and is now behind the bar with the rest of the silverware.
Welcome back !
(A token of our very sincere appreciation has been sent to Mr & Mrs Nash – it was her email that led us to the cup.)