With the three big Henleys out of the way, members of various Vesta squads have been busy enjoying the delights of the Great British Summer regatta circuit. The following are the Vesta wins recorded this summer.
- The women’s development squad followed up a fantastic season with a win at Richmond Regatta in W.IM3 8+ (crew: A. van Den Berg, S. Schorm, S. Barton, S. Head, S. Schlosser, V. Harvey, R. Withers, T. Hudson, V. Taylor (cox)).
- CORRECTION: Kingston Regatta passed with a few entries and at least TWO wins:
- o Mas C 4- Peter Simpson, James Weatherstone, Fred Beaud, Bryan Williams beat Kingston GS Associates
- o Nov 2x James Ulner and Nico Russman
- … Fortunately we were back on winning form at a rainy Molesey Regatta, with no less than four wins – all in sculling:
- o Gianni Galavotti finally popped his novice sculling cherry in style, with wins at both Nov 1x and IM3 1x
- o Athene McGregor-Macdonald and Natalie “Red” Demblon also lost their novice status, in the W.Nov 2x
- o Martha Kelly notched up a win in W.IM3 1x
- Back in Henley-on-Thames (for Henley Town and Vistitors) Vesta claimed more silverware, this time with some help from our friends:
- o Emi Furuhata lost her novice status in the W.Nov 4+ in conjunction with HSBC RC
- o Kat Hedges defended her quad title in the W.IM2 4x with alma mater club Eton Excelsior.
- And last but not least, in the Barnes and Mortlake Regatta, Mas C 2x was won by Peter Simpson and Frederic Beaud who beat Putney Town in the semi-final and Cygnet in the Final to win.
Well done Vesta! Now back to the ergos to prep for the new season ahead!!
– Martha and Aga