Learn how to row in London – Summer 2017
Beginners’ Rowing Course @ Vesta Rowing Club, Putney
Have you always wanted to learn to row but never knew where to start? Dreamed of rowing the Oxford/Cambridge boat race course or paddling the world-famous stretch of river at Henley-on-Thames? Want to get fit, meet lots of like-minded people and pick up a new skill? Would enjoy a hard-earned beer or wine at the friendliest bar on the tideway? Then our next learn to row course in London is probably for you!
Open Day / Kick-off Meeting:
- Monday 26th June 2017, 20:00, @ Vesta Rowing Club. Visit the legendary Vesta Bar and find out more about rowing in London. Please complete the form at the bottom of this page if you’d like to register your interest.
- This is a week before the course starts.
- It will give you an opportunity to look around the club, hear about the plans for the course in more detail and how it will be run, ask any questions, meet some of the coaches and each other to have a drink in the Vesta bar afterwards!
- Start – Monday 3rd July
- Ends – Saturday 19th August (Vesta’s club day – races, bbq, bar open all day, evening party / Everyone from the course welcome)
- 7 weeks in total
- Monday & Wednesday @ 7pm
- Saturday @ 9am / 10:30am
- Each session lasts approximately 90 minutes and each week includes 1x land/fitness session, 2x water/technical sessions.
- Maximum 48 places on the course
- 2 x groups of 24
- £150 for full course
What to expect from the Vesta Beginners’ Course (learn to row):
The course is aimed at men and women who are looking for a new challenge and want to learn to row in London. If you have played other competitive sports or regularly attend a gym and want to test yourself in a team environment then rowing is the sport for you. Or if you’re new to sport and fitness and want to learn a new skill in a friendly and supportive environment, then come along.
The course will work on your fitness whilst teaching you the core rowing technique. Sessions will take place both on the land and river (at Vesta Rowing Club in Putney, London) and you will always be supervised by a coach who will lead the sessions.
There is no obligation to continue or sign-up as a member after the course but we hope you will have enjoyed your time enough that you are interested in joining our Novice Squads in September for the start of the 2017/18 season.
(Please go to the Novice Squad page for further information.)
Register your interest or sign up: