At its wash-up meeting, the Vets Head committee reviewed the accounts of the race and decided that it will offer a partial refund of race fees in light of our to need to cancel the 2013 edition of the race.
As competitors will realise there are numerous obligatory expenses incurred in staging any race. As organisers we also appreciate the efforts and expenses that our competitors incur in order to participate. After due consideration of the amounts left over from the race, the committee is offering crews a 50% refund of the £85 entry fee.
Entrants do have a choice, though: you can claim a direct refund now or opt to carry forward the refund to obtain a 50% discount on an entry for next year’s race. Given we have 124 clubs providing entries, we would prefer, if at all possible, to make a single refund per club
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
informing us of your choice. When emailing could you please include the following information:
* your race number and/or the BROE entry id for the crew/crews for which you are claiming
* your identity (if you were not the submitting BROE entries secretary listed for the entry) i.e. Club Captain.
* whether you want to claim a refund or a discount for 2014
* please try to group the requests from your club into one repayment, if possible.
* if a refund could you provide bank details (sort-code and account number for a UK bank, IBAN/SWIFT details for international transfers).
* we would prefer not to generate cheques, but will do so if absolutely necessary. If so, please provide a mailing address for us to send it to.
Organising Committee for the Vesta Veterans Head.
March 27, 2013.